I'm so glad this stressful week is finally over (assignment due on the Monday, and a term test on the Wednesday!). Generally, I thought the test was not as bad as what I was expecting. There was definitely enough time to finish. The only question I struggled with was the second one. Guess I still haven't mastered limit proofs. However, the first and last question were surprisingly similar to assignment 2.
What I'm having trouble with...
I've been having difficulty understanding lecture for the past week. I think most of the fault lies on me, as I haven't had the time or energy to look over my notes. But good news is, I finally took the time to study big Oh proofs, and counting steps over the weekend, and I think I finally understand what's going on (yay!). Once you get past all the Greek letters and variables, it's not too bad.
The trickiest part about it is picking values for c and B. The general idea to take out of doing these proofs is to leave the values for c and B blank when writing the structure. Then go on to do the proof body. Also, don't be scared to overestimate! For example: 3n2 + n ≤ 3n2 + n2 = 4 n2. You're trying to simplify the inequality so that the right side can be expressed in terms of the variable of the highest degree. After doing this, you have the value for c, and you can go back and assign a value for c.
No comments:
Post a Comment