Tuesday, 2 December 2014

SLOG #10: Assignment 3, Induction, and Goodbyes...

Sadly, all good things must come to an end, with this course being no exception. It's really shocking how three months just flew by! And here I am, writing my last SLOG post for the semester. I'll just briefly cover thoughts on assignment #3, and new concepts we learned in class.



Thoughts: Assignment #3
I definitely thought this third assignment was the most challenging. It was a mash-up of all the material we covered up until Week 11. There were proofs involving limits, proofs involving big-Oh, and proofs involving the dreaded halting function. One of the toughest problems was halting. Even after reading page 71 in the course notes we still didn't know what we supposed to do.

Induction
With everything due in the final week before exams, I found myself ignoring week 12 material. We learned a new proof technique called induction. Apparently it's not required to know this topic for the exam since this proof technique will be covered in detail in CSC236. With being said, countability and diagonalization will also not be covered in the final exam.

Exam
All that is left to complete now is the final exam! Despite this course causing me many sleepness nights and extreme anxiety before every assignment deadline, I'm really glad I made it till the end. I'm also definitely grateful for all the help received from profs, TA's, and classmates. Srsly, thank you guys. Since this is the last post, might as well end it with a lovely proof!





No comments:

Post a Comment